A Coaching Approach to Managing Challenging Conversations Program provides a practical, conversational structure for achieving synergistic solutions where all parties feel heard and respected. This advanced-skills one-day workshop shares tools and resources to guide potentially difficult conversations in a way that is non-confrontational and solutions focused.
Giving open, honest, timely feedback is one of the most important roles a leader can play. It’s also possibly, the number one area where a leader can become derailed. Likewise, being involved in helping to facilitate differences between groups and individuals also presents it challenges. Designed to build on prior learning from GCI Leadership Programs, this program provides a practical, conversational approach to achieving constructive solutions where everyone feels heard and respected.
Building on prior knowledge and experience of the GCI coaching approach:
- Review and expand your knowledge of the 3 elements of coaching
- Further explore the Collaborative Feedback Pyramid, particularly concern-based feedback
- Prepare and practice a few challenging conversations in different contexts: Manager and team member; Peer to peer; and Managing upwards
The A Coaching Approach to Managing Challenging Conversations program will provide:
- Confidence and skills to lead challenging conversations in a range of education contexts
- A ‘coaching approach’ to leading conversations toward positive outcomes
- Confidence and skills to provide feedback to surface blind spots in behaviours, attitudes and performance
- Enhanced communication skills that increase the odds of success in challenging conversations
- This workshop provides a practical, conversational structure for achieving synergistic solutions where all parties feel heard and respected
- In addition to the presenter modelling constructive management of typical challenging workplace conversations, participants will also have the opportunity to reflect on, and practise real life scenarios that involve potentially difficult interactions
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Those in leadership and managerial roles seeking to develop skills to effectively manage challenging workplace conversations.
Participants in this program have normally attended the GCI Introduction to Leadership Coaching, Coaching in Leadership or have experience of applying their coaching skills in their workplace roles.
Welcome & Preparation
$440 + GST = $484.00
View Program Flyer
Please select a cohort below.