A COACHING APPROACH TO MANAGING CHALLENGING CONVERSATIONS
A Coaching Approach to Managing Challenging Conversations program provides a practical, conversational structure for achieving synergistic solutions where all parties feel heard and respected. This advanced-skills one-day workshop shares tools and resources to guide potentially difficult conversations in a way that is non-confrontational and Solutions Focused.
Giving open, honest, timely feedback is one of the most important roles a leader plays. It’s also possibly the number one area where a leader can get derailed. Avoiding difficult conversations can become a major obstacle to organisational success.
This program develops skills and confidence to effectively lead the following types of difficult conversations: managing under-performance, giving sensitive feedback, and change management.
During the A Coaching Approach to Managing Challenging Conversations program, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the value of giving difficult feedback to surface blind spots in behaviours, attitudes and performance
- Identify strategies for providing the positive feedback and recognition in ways that others value
- Explore typical workplace scenarios requiring honest, courageous feedback
- Be introduced to practical tools and resources for managing challenging conversations
- Develop strategies for bringing emotional intelligence to interactions that ensures self-esteem and respectful relationships remain intact
- Gain confidence to deal with challenging behaviours and situations
- Build your approach to taking a coaching approach to ‘non’ coaching conversations
- This workshop provides a practical, conversational structure for achieving synergistic solutions where all parties feel heard and respected.
- In addition to the presenter modelling constructive management of typical challenging workplace conversations, participants will also have the opportunity to reflect on, and practice real life scenarios that involve potentially difficult interactions.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Those in leadership and managerial roles seeking to develop skills to effectively manage challenging workplace conversations.
Phase 1 – Program Preparation
Phase 2 – 1-day Workshop
Phase 3 – Recognition of Program Completion