Executive Development for
Educational Leaders, Catholic Sector
The 2020 Executive Development for Education Leaders (EDEL) Masterclass will bring together past EDEL Catholic Leaders throughout Australia to contribute to and lead the sector’s response to ensuring that the sector continues to provide innovative, exciting and responsive schooling for all young people.
PROGRAM OBJECTIVES & LEARNING OUTCOMES
System Leadership ‘What Works’ – a comprehensive an broadened understanding of successful school and system leadership practices applicable to remote and urban contexts;
- a comprehensive and broadened understanding of key national and state/territory policy development, frameworks and initiatives, as well as international and global trends;
- detailed and comprehensive understanding of and ability to navigate the social, economic, cultural and political environments impacting schools;
Dare to Lead™ workshop for educators unpacks how to build brave cultures and drive performance by unpacking the four skills required to build brave cultures and resilient students through:
- Navigating vulnerability
- Building trust
- Leading with values
- Rising with setbacks
- 2 x 1 day workshops
- Key note presentations from Bruce Armstrong – The essentials of system/ instructional leadership
- ‘What Works’ Anna Ranaldo – Dare to Lead™
- Collegiate Networking
- Theory and practice
- Reading and reflecting on key ‘think’ piece
WHAT IS DARE TO LEAD?
Based on the research of Dr Brené Brown, Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program for Leaders and Change Agents. Brené is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a seven-year study on courageous leadership.
She is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness, and Dare to Lead, which also debuted at #1 on The Wall Street Journal and Publisher’s Weekly lists.