QELi is delighted to partner with Emeritus Professor Dyan Wiliam to offer the ‘Formative Assessment’ Webinar.
There is now a large and growing evidence base that helping teachers develop their use of minute-to-minute and day-by-day assessment is one of—if not the—most powerful ways to improve student learning. However, adopting formative assessment involves far more than adding a few “quick fixes” to teachers’ classroom repertoires. It involves a fundamental shift in focus, from what the teacher is putting into the process to what the students are getting out of it. In this insightful webinar with Emeritus Professor Dylan Wiliam, participants will learn about the five key strategies and numerous practical techniques for implementing formative assessment.
At the end of this webinar, participants will:
- Understand what kinds of formative assessment have the greatest impact on student achievement
- Know why it is essential to distinguish between performance and learning
- Know how formative assessment can be implemented in terms of five key strategies
- Become familiar with a number of practical techniques that can be used to make teaching more responsive to student needs
- Understand why feedback often fails to help, and can often harm learning
- Learn how to increase students’ engagement in their own learning
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The webinar is suitable for Teachers and leaders in all phases of education.
View Program Flyer
Please select a cohort below
Emeritus Professor Dylan Wiliam, FACILITATOR
Dylan Wiliam is Emeritus Professor of Educational Assessment at University College London. In a varied career, he has taught in urban public schools, directed a large-scale testing program, served a number of roles in university administration, including Dean of a School of Education, and pursued a research program focused on supporting teachers to develop their use of assessment in support of learning.