FUNDAMENTALS OF COACHING PRACTICE
QELi, in partnership with GCI, is proud to support teachers and leaders with a Fundamentals of Coaching Practice program. This one-day fundamentals program is designed to introduce coaching skills to school leaders and staff so they can more effectively support the development of others and enhance levels of motivation and commitment.
Coaching is now recognised as one of the most important and essential leadership skills within education.
Designed to give an overview and some experience of coaching conversations, the Fundamentals of Coaching Practice program builds an understanding of the coaching conversation within an education context.
The Fundamentals of Coaching Practice program is designed to:
- Provide a clear understanding of what coaching is
- Build confidence to use the GROWTH coaching framework immediately
- Demonstrate practical ways of setting and achieving professional goals
- Provide an opportunity for direct experience of the impact of coaching conversations applied to real education topics
- Be introduced to the GROWTH coaching system
- Explore the GROWTH MODEL
- Apply some of the 8 Key Coaching SKILLS
- See coaching modelled and apply the GROWTH coaching model to a range of workplace conversations
- Develop next steps for taking coaching forward in your context
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All educators, from teachers through to principals and system leaders.
Phase 1 – Program Preparation
Phase 2 – 1-day Workshop
Phase 3 – Recognition of Program Completion