Leadership for Teachers Program
The Leadership for Teachers Program is intended for teachers who have high potential as future leaders and supports education sectors to develop the next generation of school, regional and system leaders.
A teacher leader’s primary responsibility is in the classroom modelling best practice and building the capacity of colleagues. By participating in this program, you will develop an understanding of the theory of leadership and who you are as a leader and learner. You will gain insights into your leadership style, learn leadership strategies that are transferable across emerging educational contexts and you will share your experiences with a network of future leaders from schools across Queensland.
The program builds confidence through practical advice, skills and support to enable you to become a highly effective and influential leader in your school or system.
The Leadership for Teachers Program will broaden your understanding and enable you to:
- support a collaborative culture to accelerate school improvement
- give and receive effective feedback for collective improvement
- lead learning to positively impact on student outcomes
- create an emotionally aware strength based learning environment.
- Phase 1 – Program Preparation
- Phase 2 – Two-day Workshop
- Phase 3 – Leadership Challenge Action Project (LCAP)
- Phase 4 – One-day Workshop
- Phase 5 – LCAP Completion
- Phase 6 – Recognition of Program Completion
Suitable for: Teachers, teacher leaders, year level coordinators, literacy coaches and pedagogy coaches
Next Steps: Leadership for Middle Leaders