Leading from the Middle
Leading from the Middle is a six-month, multi-phase program that focuses on strengthening the capacities of system middle leaders and teams supporting inclusive practices to grow in their leadership, support, engagement and motivation of colleagues to achieve the best results for all students in schools.
A core element of the program is identifying and undertaking a reflection journal related to leading inclusive practices in your teams to support school improvement. The program cost will be covered by the Department of Education for successful applicants.
The Leading from the Middle Program will enable you to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to:
- understand yourself as an educational leader of inclusive practices
- support and develop a collaborative culture of leading and supporting inclusive education
- give and receive effective feedback for collective improvement of inclusive education
- lead inclusive practices to positively impact student outcomes
- create an emotionally aware strength-based learning environment with your teams
- expand your knowledge and understanding of leadership capabilities
- reflect on feedback in relation to leading inclusive practices
- apply these new learnings to your role in leading and supporting regional staff to contribute to inclusive education
Suitable for: System middle leaders who play a key role in lifting the performance within teams to support inclusive practices and educational outcomes for all students. System managers and middle leaders who are sponsored by their Regional Director or ADG are eligible to participate in the program.