Leading Literacy is a nine-month, multi-phase, blended learning program designed to equip you with the tools to embed high quality literacy practices in your school and to influence change to improve the literacy skills of all students. The program focuses on developing instructional leaders who understand the latest research about effective leadership to influence student outcomes positively and support collegial learning.
You will learn how to create and maintain an environment in your school to enable successful literacy practices and explore strategies to improve student engagement and motivation, with a specific focus on effective feedback, the setting of appropriate learning goals, and collaborative learning.
- Phase 1 – Program Preparation and Readings
- Phase 2 – Two-day Workshop
- Phase 3 – Leadership Challenge Action Project (LCAP) and Coaching
- Phase 4 – One-day Workshop
- Phase 5 – LCAP Completion
- Phase 6 – Recognition of Program Completion
Suitable for: All educators, from teachers through to middle leaders, deputy leaders and principals.