The Leading Numeracy Program is designed to equip you with the tools to embed high quality numeracy practices in schools and to influence change to improve the numeracy skills of all students. The program focuses on developing instructional leaders who understand the latest research about effective leadership to influence student outcomes positively and support collegial learning.
You will learn how to create and maintain an environment in your school to enable successful numeracy practices and explore strategies to improve student engagement and motivation, with a specific focus on Instructional Leadership, effective feedback and collaborative learning.
“The skills and knowledge that matter in leadership are those that can be connected to, or lead directly to, the improvement of instruction and student performance.”
By completing this program participants will have:
- Developed their skills to lead Numeracy through developing an inquiry approach that is evidence informed and ensures the necessary structures, processes and resources are in place to enable collaboration so all stakeholders achieve great outcomes in a culture of sustained improvement
- Built their understanding of evidence based practices and how to build a Numeracy culture focused on continuous improvement by linking the learning needs of students with the professional learning and practice of teachers
- Unpacked, planned and implemented the Seven Levers of Instructional leadership aligned to Numeracy in the key levers of Instructional (Data Driven Instruction, Instructional Planning, Observation and Feedback, Professional Development) and Culture (Student Culture, Staff Culture and Managing School Leadership Teams)
- Combination of theory and practice
- Reading and reflecting on key ‘think’ pieces
- Discussions and activities with your facilitator and program participants in the workshops
- Development of Leadership Challenge Action Project (LCAP)
- 1 hour virtual LCAP coaching session
- Presentation of LCAP
- Aligned with the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) Australian Professional Standards
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
GENERIC PROGRAM STRUCTURE
(This can be customised and changed)
Welcome & Preparation
Reflections on Impact
Please complete the Contact Us form below to request a proposal
View Program Flyer
Please complete the form below to discuss how we can support you, your region/Diocese or your school. QELi will make contact with you within 48hrs.