Leading Numeracy is a nine-month, multi-phase, blended learning program designed to equip you with knowledge, capabilities and attitudes to lead high quality numeracy practices in your school to achieve exemplary mathematics outcomes. The program focuses on developing instructional leaders who understand the latest research about effective leadership to influence student outcomes positively, support collegial learning and lead change.
You will learn how to create and maintain an environment in your school to enable successful numeracy practices and explore strategies to improve student engagement and motivation, with a specific focus on effective feedback, the setting of appropriate learning goals, and collaborative learning.
- Phase 1 – Program Preparation and Readings
- Phase 2 – Two-day Workshop
- Phase 3 – School Based Leadership Project and Coaching
- Phase 4 – One-day Workshop
- Phase 5 – Reflective Learning, Mentoring and School Based Leadership Project Submission
- Phase 6 – Project Evaluation and Feedback
Suitable for: All educators, from teachers through to middle leaders, deputy leaders and principals.