NORTH QUEENSLAND REGION
Leading with Emotional
“Leadership is fundamentally about facilitating high performance, thereby motivating others to do things effectively and efficiently. Emotional intelligence is a key attribute that helps leaders achieve that function.”
Genos International 2018
There is a wealth of research detailing the impact of emotion on individual performance and success. In collaboration with North Queensland Region, QELi’s Leading with Emotional Intelligence Program is a high impact world-class program designed to accelerate deep and sustainable learning about emotional intelligence to drive this key leadership capability.
Using the Genos International 360° EI Survey, participants will not only gain invaluable feedback and support to monitor and stretch their own emotional intelligence, they will explore the central role of emotions and emotional intelligence on the work performance of others. Through the annual PDP process, participants will explore and practise tools and techniques for applying emotional intelligence in leadership and creating high performance in others.
ONE-DAY PRINCIPAL WORKSHOP
1HOUR WEBINAR SERIES
360° GENOS EI SURVEY
In Leading with Emotional Intelligence, you will:
- Explore the neuroscience of emotions and emotional intelligence using the Genos model.
- Identify tools and techniques to effectively ask for, and respond to feedback in the pursuit of developing awareness of self and others.
- Examine how we can use reactive and proactive techniques to build our resilience and effectively manage strong emotions.
- Explore how to engage in emotionally intelligent high impact conversations.
View Program Flyer
- Nine-month multi-modal program
- Pre-program 360° Genos EI Survey and a 1Hour telephone debrief
- End of Program (Distance Travelled) 360° Genos EI Survey
- Combination of theory and practice
- Reading and reflecting on key ‘think’ pieces
- Discussions and activities with your facilitator and program participants in workshops
- 1Hr Webinar Series
- PDP Meetings with ARD
- Collegiate networking
- Guest Presentations by Dr Ben Palmer, Chief Executive Officer, Genos International
ABOUT DR BEN PALMER, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
Ben has a background in psychology having finished a PhD at Swinburne University in Melbourne Australia where he developed the first Australian model and measure of emotional intelligence. He has an extensive publication list in the area, has been invited to contribute chapters to books and guest edit special issues of journals on the topic. His research has also attracted considerable attention locally witnessed by awards such as the Richard Pratt Scholarship, an Australian Postgraduate Award, and a PhD Thesis-Excellence award.