Positive Behaviour for Learning
The Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) Leadership Program is intended for staff leading and supporting implementation of positive behaviour support in schools. It is designed to develop the leadership skills needed to work collaboratively with teachers to embed research-informed practices for classroom management and build positive teacher-student relationships.
A PBL leader’s primary responsibility is working with staff to establish a positive and inclusive school culture, and building the capacity of colleagues to provide a continuum of support to students based on identified need using evidence-based practices.
By participating in this program, you will:
- develop an understanding of leadership and change theories,
- learn leadership, team and coaching strategies that are transferable across educational contexts, and
- share your experiences with a network of PBL school leaders across your region.
The PBL Leadership Program will enhance your knowledge
and understanding and enable you to:
- support a positive and inclusive school culture and build positive relationships to improve student outcomes and enhance teacher wellbeing
- establish effective teams
- give and receive effective feedback
- obtain buy-in and influence change.
Suitable for: This program is open to all PBL leaders in schools implementing Positive Behaviour for Learning across Queensland.