Coaching Accreditation Program Phases 1 to 3 Cohort 4 2020
The program is designed to:
- build confidence and skill to use the GROWTH Coaching System in a range of coaching contexts
- offer access to GROWTH coaching system resources, tools and techniques
- share access to the GCI reflective practice supervision process
- offer an opportunity to proceed smoothly to full accreditation status in Phase 4
- provide recognised prior learning at certain post-graduate university courses
You will receive pre-readings and will be required to complete a few minor tasks.
Phase 1 - Two-day Workshop
This phase provides a balance of theory and practical application, including significant modelling of coaching practice. You will have opportunities to practice coaching in a highly supportive environment.
Introduction and intensive training in the following concepts and coaching applications is provided:
– Introduction and overview: Executive coaching and leadership
– What coaching is and isn’t
– The GCI three elements of good coaching practice
– The eight step GROWTH coaching model: An in-depth exploration of each step in the GROWTH model
– Coaching ‘way of being’, including Emotional Intelligence, values and coaching practice
– Goal setting
Phase 2 - Collaborative Learning
You will undertake telephone coaching, coaching practice and a coaching-in-action project.
This phase includes:
– modeling by GCI facilitators on the GROWTH coaching model and a recommended structure of individual practice sessions focusing on: setting the foundation, co-creating the relationship, planning, goal setting and eight key coaching skills; creating awareness and designing actions; managing a coaching conversation – relationship issues and effective communication skills; and giving feedback and facilitating learning and results
– you coaching other participants based on the materials covered to date
– telephone coaching skill development
– exploring typical coaching scenarios and receiving a range of tools and techniques to address those in the coaching process. This includes goals associated with leadership development, time management, performance management.
Note: You are required to cover your own costs for telephone connections associated with Phase 2 coaching practice.
Phase 3 - Two-day Workshop
This phase focuses on input and modelling on managing challenging conversations and giving feedback, and has a highly participatory focus.
You will address:
– review of coaching experiences to date
– coaching the Positive theories that underpin the GCI coaching approach
– giving feedback in coaching: positive-based feedback and concern-based feedback
– facilitating change in coaching
– establishing the right environment for successful coaching
– identification of individual coaching goals for skill/knowledge development
– leadership coaching: Practical and ethical issues, establishing a coaching agreement, accountability and record tracking
– action planning through a group coaching process.