COACHING ACCREDITATION PROGRAM PHASES 1 TO 3 FACE-TO-FACE COHORT 1 2022
The Coaching Accreditation Program (Phases 1-3) is designed to:
- Build confidence and skill to use the GROWTH Coaching System in a range of coaching contexts
- Offer access to GROWTH coaching system resources, tools and techniques
- Share access to the GCI reflective practice supervision process
- Offer an opportunity to proceed smoothly to full accreditation status in Phase 4
- Provide recognised prior learning at certain post-graduate university courses
Welcome & Preparation
You will receive your welcome email with pre-work to be completed.
Workshop 1 (Phase 1)
This phase will provide a balance of theory and practical application, including significant modelling of coaching practice. Participants will have opportunities to practise coaching in a highly supportive environment.
Introduction and intensive training in the following concepts and coaching applications will be provided:
• Introduction and overview: coaching and leadership
• Definitions: What coaching is and isn’t
• The GCI Elements of Good Coaching Practice
• The 8 step GROWTH coaching model: An in-depth exploration of each step in the GROWTH model
• 8 key coaching skills
• The coaching ‘Way of Being’, including Emotional Intelligence, values and coaching practice
• Goal setting
These 2 days will include practical modelling and practising of coaching skills, methods and techniques.
Practical Application (Phase 2)
Flexible external learning phase, including phone coaching practice sessions with other participants, readings, viewing videos, and workplace coaching practice sessions.
A thorough outline of expectations of Phase 2 will be provided at the Phase 1 workshop. Phase 2 serves to build upon and reinforce concepts introducted during Phase 1.
This phase will include:
• Modelling by GCI facilitators through video on the GROWTH coaching model and a recommended structure of individual practice sessions focusing on:
o Managing the contract, building the relationship and goal setting
o Establishing insight and learning, outcomes and action orientation
o Coaching on relationships in the workplace
o Focus on coaching ‘way of being’
• Participants coaching each other based on the materials covered to date
• Phone coaching skill development
• Participants will explore typical coaching scenarios and be provided with a range of tools and techniques to address those in the coaching process. This will include goals associated with leadership development, time management, performance management.
• Participants will also complete workplace coaching practice sessions
Note: Participants will cover their own costs for phone connections associated with Phase 2 coaching practice.
Workshop 2 (Phase 3) & Certificate
A significant focus of Phase 3 includes input and modelling giving feedback in coaching. This Phase will again have modelling of coaching and considerable time given to practice.
Specifically, the 2 days will address:
• Review of coaching experiences to date
• Giving feedback in coaching: Positive, Learning-based and Concern-based feedback
• Overview of the positive strength-based theoretical perspectives underpinning the GCI approach
• Facilitating change in coaching
• Establishing the right environment for successful coaching
• Identification of individual coaching goals for skill/knowledge development
• Leadership coaching: Practical and ethical issues, establishing a coaching agreement, accountability and record tracking
• Action planning through a group coaching process
At the end of the 2 days participants will be awarded their certificate of completion.