Whenever you’re not getting results you’re looking for, it’s likely a crucial conversation is keeping you stuck. Whether it’s a problem with parent/teacher relationships, student conflicts, teacher/staff issues or mental health and wellbeing challenges, if you can’t create a psychologically safe place to talk honestly, with nearly anybody about almost anything, you can expect poor results.
Suitable for: Teacher Leaders, Middle Leaders, Deputy Principals, Principals, System Leaders
Welcome & Preparation
Participants will receive the Welcome email with pre-work to complete – week of 15 May 2023.
The two-day workshop involves lessons in mastering crucial conversation skills, including:
– Spotting the conversations that are keeping you from what you want
– Identifying your own ‘Style Under Stress’ and managing it
– Staying in dialogue when you’re angry, scared or hurt—”think your way to the root cause of your negative emotions”
– Stepping out of a conversation and notice how to make it work
– Taking steps to rebuild safety and returning to dialogue
Participants will be emailed their Certificate of Completion – week of 5 June 2023.
Post-Workshop Email Series
Participants will be emailed weekly (over 6 weeks) with further readings, videos and check ins.