Dare to Lead™ Program Cohort 3 2021
What is Dare to Lead™ Program?
The most significant finding from Brené’s latest research is that courage is a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable. The Dare to Lead™ two-day workshop for educators unpacks how to build brave cultures and drive performance by unpacking the four skills required to build brave cultures and resilient students through:
- Navigating vulnerability & Leading with values
- Building trust & Rising with setbacks
Participants will explore Dr Brené Brown’s research, complete a leadership assessment and learn how to connect, navigate difficult conversations and hold other’s accountable for success.
Dare to Lead™ program graduates are able to further embed their course experience into school and system learning communities by gaining access to Daring Classroom™ resources. Launched in 2019, Daring Classroom™ is the latest Brené Brown offering for educators, providing videos and resources tailored for students.
Phase 1 - Program Preparation
You will receive some pre-work to complete including an online leadership assessment .
Phase 2 - Two-day workshop
Program Modules covered in workshops:
Rumbling with Vulnerability –
– Learn about the Brenè Brown 7-year leadership research project
– Define leadership and the four skills of courage
– Understand vulnerability and common myths
– Define shame and how it shows up in workplaces
– Understand the number one barrier to change agility
– Understand shame resilience
– Skills practice; power of empathy
Daring Leadership –
– Armored Leadership vs. Daring Leadership assessment
– Build grounded confidence
Living into our Values –
– Leaders values clarification
– Operationalise values in your workplace
Leadership Goals –
– Skills practice – identify leadership goals and any limiting beliefs which may
hold you back
Lead BIG & BRAVING Trust –
– Understand the BIG and the BRAVING Model of trust
– Building trust with key stakeholders
Rise Strong –
– Understand three aspects of rising strong from setbacks
– Explore what gets in the way of bouncing back from failure
– Moving to Action & Dare to Lead™ integration
Phase 3 - Virtual Workshop Series
Workshop 1 – 6 October 2021, 8.30am to 12.30pm
Workshop 2 – 20 October 2021, 8.30am to 12.30pm
Phase 3 - Recognition of Program Completion
Participants will receive their certificate of completion.