EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT FOR EDUCATION LEADERS
NEW ZEALAND BENCHMARKING STUDY TOUR
As a program participant, you will engage with highly-regarded international education leaders to explore the latest research and examine best practice examples of highly-effective implementation to develop your leadership of school and system improvement
- develop a deeper understanding of your own instructional leadership
- build your knowledge of the power of well-organised school networks to build collective efficacy and drive school and system improvement
- learn how to implement and engage your senior leaders in cycles of rigorous and effective peer school reviews,
- understand the role of change agent in education systems and build your capability to lead others through ever-increasing complex change
- have your leadership achievements recognised with Deakin.Co Professional Practice Credentials (see over for more information)
- Nine-month program with a blended learning approach, including face-to-face workshops, online learning and one-to-one coaching sessions
- Five-day international benchmarking study tour to New Zealand where you will visit schools, interact with thought leaders and gain insight and inspiration to translate policy to practice
- Key topics of the study tour:
- Emeritus Professor Viviane Robinson – Join distinguished Professor Emeritus Viviane Robinson, an international expert in school leadership and school improvement, (Participants will receive a copy of Viviane’s latest book)
- Thought leaders include:
- Maggie Farrar – Establishing peer reviews and school networks for continuing system improvement
- Steve Munby – Embracing imperfect leadership to empower others through deep self-awareness
DEAKIN PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE CREDENTIALS
Credentials provide an independent, globally portable way to communicate your current capabilities and ongoing professional development potential. The credentialling process will:
- Formalise the experience you have gained through your work
- Help future proof your career by verifying your expertise
- Help you become a better leader as you reflect on your capability.
To earn the Adaptive mindsets Expert credential, you will need to demonstrate that you:
- Build the structures, processes and systems required to foster strategic agility and transformational capacity
- Promote and influence behaviours and mindsets that enhance change responsiveness
- Sponsor and encourage the exchanging of ideas and research within and beyond your organisation
- Monitor the external environment to ensure your organisation can respond to future opportunities.
To earn the Driving strategic results Expert credential, you will need to demonstrate that you:
- Hold a global perspective and monitor global trends to shape and adjust your organisation’s strategy to leverage new opportunities
- Shape and communicate your organisation’s plans to stakeholders
- Lead strategy execution to deliver agreed outcomes
- Work with others to optimise strategic outcomes
Part of Deakin University, DeakinCo. has a 30-year history of working with industry, government and individuals to develop workplace capability solutions to drive workplace performance, future employability and business growth.
PHASE 1 - Pre-work activities
Features of this initial phase will include:
– Reviewing a series of professional readings prior to each workshop
– 360 LEAP Ed Exec Survey
PHASE 2 - Two-day workshop
Participants will engage in a two day-workshop with presentations from Thought Leaders and a QELi facilitator.
Thought leader presentations:
Maggie Farrar – Establishing peer reviews and school networks for continuing system improvement
Steve Munby – Embracing imperfect leadership to empower others through deep self-awareness
PHASE 3 - New Zealand Benchmarking Study Tour
– Focus on innovative schooling approaches and practices
– Five-day international benchmarking study tour of New Zealand
– Itinerary includes visits to schools and discussions with sector/system leaders, thought leaders, local principals and teachers
PHASE 3 - 360 Debrief, Project Coaching & Online Learning
During this phase participants will:
– engage in a 360 Report 1 hour virtual debrief session (Nov 2021)
– engage in a 1hr virtual project coaching session (Fe 2022)
– complete online pulse checks and learning challenges (monthly)
– continue work on their project and position paper
PHASE 4 - Two-day workshop
This two-day workshop will engage participants in reflections on their leadership, and unpack key insights from the study tour.
PHASE 5 - Deakin Professional Practice Credentialing
Participants will engage in and complete the Deakin Credentialling.
PHASE 6 - One-Day Workshop
During this phase participants will present their position papers/project and engage in a celebration of learning.
PHASE 7 - Certificate of completion
During this phase participants will submit their final Position Paper, receive feedback and be awarded their certificate of completion.