Foundations of Learning Sprints with Dr Simon Breakspear Gold Coast 2018
Date: Thursday 11 October 2019
Location: QT, 7 Staghorn Avenue, Gold Coast, 4217
Time: 8:30am – 3:30pm
A Learning Sprint is a team-based method that provides a simple, structured and powerful practical process that enables teacher teams to engage in collaborative, evidence-informed improvement work to enhance student achievement. The process supports teams to define highly specific areas of student learning to improve, design evidence-informed strategies, and to collect assessment evidence to check their impact.
The Learning Sprint Method:
- creates a culture of continuous improvement and collective action
- encourages more impact from the collaboration time teachers already have available
- supports educators to collectively plan and evaluate their impact
- builds capacity to rapidly improve outcomes through short, focused cycles of work
- meaningfully embeds the use of evidence through the teaching and learning process.
Dr Simon Breakspear will explore literature about effective teacher learning and development, discuss core elements of the Learning Sprints process, and explain how the Learning Sprint process can be applied to improve outcomes in your school. Foundations of Learning Sprints is suitable for team leaders, lead teachers, middle leaders, deputy principals and principals.
- understand the literature on effective teacher learning and development
- explore the core elements of the Learning Sprints process
- discover how the Learning Sprint process could be applied to improve outcomes in your school.