Foundations of Learning Sprints
QELi is proud to offer Dr Simon Breakspear’s one-day interactive workshop, Foundations of Learning Sprints, presented by Bronwyn Ryrie Jones, Lecturer and Doctoral Candidate, University of Melbourne. Developing the individual and collective expertise of teachers is the number one investment leaders can make to lift learner outcomes. Learning Sprints is a simple, structured and powerful team-based method that enables teacher teams to engage in collaborative, evidence-informed improvement work for student achievement.
Harnessing the collaborative time that you already have available, the Learning Sprints approach can help your school to rapidly improve outcomes through building the collective efficacy of your teachers.
The Learning Sprint Method:
- creates a culture of continuous improvement and collective action
- encourages more impact from the collaboration time teachers already have available
- supports educators to collectively plan and evaluate their impact
- builds capacity to rapidly improve outcomes through short, focused cycles of work
- meaningfully embeds the use of evidence through the teaching and learning process.
The masterclass will explore literature about effective teacher learning and development, discuss core elements of the Learning Sprints process, and explain how the Learning Sprint process can be applied to improve outcomes in your school.
- understand the literature on effective teacher learning and development
- explore the core elements of the Learning Sprints process
- discover how the Learning Sprint process could be applied to improve outcomes in your school
Suitable for: Team leaders, lead teachers, middle leaders, deputy principals and principalsEvent Information Flyer