FOUNDATIONS OF TEACHING SPRINTS
with Simon Breakspear
In this practical workshop, participants will be introduced to the Teaching Sprints process, and leave equipped with the knowledge of what makes for successful team and school implementation.
The program is designed to:
DIGITAL SESSION 1 – THE FOUNDATIONS OF TEACHING SPRINTS APPROACH
- Examine the importance of enhancing adaptive teaching expertise
- Explore the 3 big ideas about getting better
- Examine the practice challenge of shifting ingrained habits of practice
- Exploring the benefits of a sprints approach and the power of incremental gains.
DIGITAL SESSION 2 – LEADING THE TEACHING SPRINTS PROCESS
- Provide a systematic overview of each of the 3-Phases of a Teaching Sprint
- Upskill team leaders to support teacher learning through each phase
- Show how robust and relevant research evidence can be used to inform practice improvement
- Consider how to facilitate high quality discussion using protocols
DIGITAL SESSION 3 – ESTABLISHING AN IMPROVEMENT ROUTINE
- Give practical guidance on how to successfully implement Teaching Sprints within their unique educational context
- Consider how to allocate time and set up teams
- Demonstrate how to connect the Teaching Sprints process with team and school improvement plans to ensure expertise is being developed in the areas that matter most for collective improvement
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
School, middle and teacher leaders who would like an initial overview of the Teacher Sprints approach to collaborative professional learning.
Phase 1 - Program Preparation
Participants will receive some pre-work to complete.
Phase 2 - Intensive Half-Day Digital Workshop
9am Start | Digital Session 1 | Break – 10:15am – 10:35am | Digital Session 2 | Break 11:50am – 12:10pm | Digital Session 3 | 1:30pm Finish
During this workshop you will be introduced to the Teaching Sprints process, and you will leave equipped with the knowledge of what makes for successful team and school implementation.
Phase 3 - Recognition of Program Completion
Participants will receive their certificate of completion.
In order to deepen and further consolidate the learning from the live digital workshop, you will gain access to the Running Teaching Sprints online video resources for 12 months.