FOUNDATIONS OF TEACHING SPRINTS
with Bronwyn Ryrie Jones
In this practical workshop, participants will be introduced to the Teaching Sprints process, and leave equipped with the knowledge of what makes for successful team and school implementation.
The program is designed to:
SESSION 1 – THE FOUNDATIONS OF TEACHING SPRINTS APPROACH
- Examine the importance of enhancing adaptive teaching expertise
- Explore the 3 big ideas about getting better
- Examine the practice challenge of shifting ingrained habits of practice
- Exploring the benefits of a sprints approach and the power of incremental gains.
SESSION 2 – LEADING THE TEACHING SPRINTS PROCESS
- Provide a systematic overview of each of the 3-Phases of a Teaching Sprint
- Upskill team leaders to support teacher learning through each phase
- Show how robust and relevant research evidence can be used to inform practice improvement
- Consider how to facilitate high quality discussion using protocols
SESSION 3 – ESTABLISHING AN IMPROVEMENT ROUTINE
- Give practical guidance on how to successfully implement Teaching Sprints within their unique educational context
- Consider how to allocate time and set up teams
- Demonstrate how to connect the Teaching Sprints process with team and school improvement plans to ensure expertise is being developed in the areas that matter most for collective improvement
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
School, middle and teacher leaders who would like an initial overview of the Teacher Sprints approach to collaborative professional learning.
Phase 1 - Program Preparation
Participants will receive some pre-work to complete.
Phase 2 - One-day workshop
9am Start | Break – 10:45am – 11:10am | Lunch – 12:45pm – 1:30pm | 3pm Finish
During this workshop you will be introduced to the Teaching Sprints process, and you will leave equipped with the knowledge of what makes for successful team and school implementation.
Phase 3 - Recognition of Program Completion
Participants will receive their certificate of completion.