Leading with Emotional Intelligence
There is a wealth of research detailing the impact of emotion on individual performance and success. In collaboration with North Queensland Region, QELi’s Leading with Emotional Intelligence Program is a high impact world-class program designed to accelerate deep and sustainable learning about emotional intelligence to drive this key leadership capability.
Using the Genos International 360° EI Survey, participants will not only gain invaluable feedback and support to monitor and stretch their own emotional intelligence, they will explore the central role of emotions and emotional intelligence on the work performance of others. Through the annual PDP process, participants will explore and practise tools and techniques for applying emotional intelligence in leadership and creating high performance in others.
In Leading with Emotional Intelligence, you will:
- Explore the neuroscience of emotions and emotional intelligence using the Genos model.
- Identify tools and techniques to effectively ask for, and respond to feedback in the pursuit of developing awareness of self and others.
- Examine how we can use reactive and proactive techniques to build our resilience and effectively manage strong emotions.
- Explore how to engage in emotionally intelligent high impact conversations.
View Program Flyer
- Nine-month multi-modal program
- Pre-program 360° Genos EI Survey and a 1Hour telephone debrief
- End of Program (Distance Travelled) 360° Genos EI Survey
- Combination of theory and practice
- Reading and reflecting on key ‘think’ pieces
- Discussions and activities with your facilitator and program participants in workshops
- 1Hr Webinar Series
- PDP Meetings with ARD
- Collegiate networking
- Guest Presentations by Dr Ben Palmer, Chief Executive Officer, Genos International
Phase 1 - Program Preparation
Self-Reflection: Personal Leadership, 360° Genos EI Survey & Debrief
– Reviewing a series of professional readings – short reads – 1Hour max
– Undertaking a 360° Genos EI survey
– A 1Hour telephone 360° Genos EI debrief session with a qualified coach
– Access to the QELi Learning Portal for the program
Phase 2 - ARD & Lead Principal One-day Workshop
The one-day workshop on EI and the Genos model will be delivered by high quality facilitators using a variety of structures ranging from whole group sessions to individual reflection time. ARDs/ LPs will be encouraged to have a strong dialogue around EI and principal development through PDPs.
Phase 3 - Principal One-day Workshop
Participants will engage in a one-day workshop to unpack the Genos EI competencies and gain a deeper understanding of all 6 competencies. They will target specific areas to further develop their competency in each element and reflect on personal growth goals.
Phase 4 - 1Hour Webinar Series
Participants will be able to choose up to two one-hour webinar sessions from a series of six which work through the Genos EI competencies.
Phase 5 - ARD PDP Discussions
ARDs will lead PDP discussions with Principals, with a focus on developing and stretching Emotional Intelligence competencies.
Phase 6 - Distance Travelled Post 360° Genos EI Survey & Certificate of Completion
– Participants will undertake a post program 360° Genos EI survey to identify ‘distance travelled’.
– Participants will be emailed their certificate of completion.