Through school improvement research, educator wellbeing enhancement and leveraging systems thinking approaches; this practical performance and wellbeing workshop will support participants to:
- Build their capacity and efﬁcacy as a school leader
- Build the capacity and efficacy of their schools’ professional workforce
- Inﬂuence the systemic school-based factors that impact individual and collective wellbeing
- Drive a more positive culture for leading, teaching and learning
Welcome & Preparation
Participants will receive their welcome and preparation email – week of 19 April 2023.
Participants will attend a 1-day face-to-face workshop covering the following topics.
The Internal Landscape – Best Possible Self:
This initial episode in the series provides learners with the opportunity to reconnect with who they want to be as an educator and to explore what gets in the way. Using the ACT model participants identify the challenges presented within their own internal landscape and consider the importance of effectively navigating these thoughts and emotions.
– Best Possible Self – a profession with practice: educator values and behaviours
– Internal Landscape – a barrier to wellbeing and performance
– Psychological Flexibility: managing our thoughts and emotions more effectively
The Social Landscape – Collective Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Effective Practice:
This session draws from core ﬁndings from the scientiﬁc research literature to explore what it means to be a Mindful Educator within the social learning environment and how mindfulness can provide a foundation for highly effective team-based practices.
– The Mindful Educator
– The Science of Mindfulness
– Occupational Stress Management – psychosocial hazards in the workplace
– Highly Effective Teams – team performance research and practice
– Dispositions of Highly Effective Practitioners
The Professional Landscape – Systemic Improvement:
In the ﬁnal episode; working either independently or in teams, the group thoroughly considers teacher and team wellbeing and performance by mapping the systemic elements of the school social-ecosystem. These dimensions include the professional mindsets, psycho-social hazards, stakeholders and practice-based interventions.
– The School Professional Learning Culture and Team-based Improvement Interventions
– Systems thinking and School Improvement
– Improving workplace cultures and practices
– Bringing it all together and connecting to the school’s improvement narrative
Participants will be awarded their Certificate of Completion via email – week of 2 May 2023.