RESPONSIVE TEACHING IN ACTION MASTERCLASS
Evidence from the fields of cognitive science and education research increasingly point to the value of responsive teaching practices. QELi is delighted to partner on this interactive and evidence-informed masterclass, where Bron Ryrie Jones leads a deep dive into the what, the why and the how of responsive teaching. Specific teaching techniques are named, described and practised, with plentiful classroom examples shared across curriculum domains and levels. Collaborative planning opportunities are embedded, providing all teachers with the time and resources to bridge theory to real action on the ground.
The Responsive Teaching in Action masterclass is a highly practical face to face or virtual one day with the following outcomes:
- Describe insights from cognitive science, and explain their link to responsive practice
- Explain three fundamental principles of responsive teaching
- Name and describe responsive teaching techniques
- Plan for embedding responsive teaching techniques
- Practice an refine responsive teaching techniques for use in classrooms
- One-day face-to-face or virtual workshop
- Be prepared with the latest insights and research
- Collaborative planning and interaction with fellow participants to workshop and connect theory and practice
View Program Flyer
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
All educators, from teachers through to system leaders
GENERIC PROGRAM STRUCTURE
(This can be customised and changed)
Welcome & Preparation
Please complete the Contact Us form below to request a proposal
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Bronwyn Ryrie Jones is a primary school teacher, and teacher educator at the University of Melbourne (Graduate School of Education). She loves helping beginning teachers to learn the complex craft of teaching. Bron consults in assessment and instruction across Australia; she has worked with hundreds of schools and thousands of teachers in metropolitan, regional and rural areas. Bron regularly consults with the Department of Education and Training (Victoria) and various institutes of educational leadership.
Bron received her Bachelor of Education from RMIT University (Melbourne) and her Masters of Education from the Melbourne Graduate School of Education (University of Melbourne). She recently commenced doctoral studies. Bron lives in Melbourne with her husband Brett and daughter Lucie.
Please complete the form below to discuss how we can support you, your region/Diocese or your school. QELi will make contact with you within 48hrs.