South East Region HOSES Leadership Masterclass
Expressions of interest are invited for participants in the South East Region’s 2018 HOSES Leadership Masterclass.
The Masterclass aims to build the leadership and influencing skills of HOSES to embed a focus on inclusive practices as part of their school’s improvement agenda. Content will align with the department’s Inclusive Education Policy and Every student with disability succeeding plan, supporting participants to work with their Principals to plan a whole school approach to ensure that all children and young people, from all social, cultural, community and family backgrounds, and of all identifies and abilities are able to:
- attend their local state school and be welcomed
- access and participate in a high-quality education and fully engage in the curriculum along-side their similar-aged peers
- learn in a safe and supportive environment, free from bullying, discrimination or harassment
- achieve academically and socially with reasonable adjustments and supports tailored to meet their learning needs.
Participants will benefit from a full-day leadership workshop facilitated by QELi, including a ‘Practitioners Voice’ panel of experienced HOSES and Principals, as well as a half-day planning workshop with the SER Inclusion Coach, and follow-up support and coaching from SER’s Inclusion Capability Facilitators.
What is the time commitment?
- Phase 1: Pre-reading – approximately two hours
- Phase 2: One full day workshop (8.00am – 4.30pm) on either 18 October or 25 October 2018
- Phase 3: One afternoon workshop (1.00pm – 4.00pm) on either 8 November or 15 November 2018, followed by implementation time in own school setting as negotiated with Principal.
Who can participate in the Masterclass?
Staff currently employed in South East Region schools, who fulfil the criteria below:
- Employed in a permanent or temporary HOSES/DP Special position, OR
- Employed in a school that does not have a HOSES position, in a role with responsibility for leading the inclusive education agenda at the school
Participants will require the endorsement of their Principal, who will commit to working with the participant on an Action Plan around Inclusion following completion of the face to face sessions.
What is the cost?
The program is provided free of charge as part of the South East Region’s Inclusion Capability Plan. Schools will be responsible for any TRS costs.
Expressions of interest to participate in the South East Region’s 2018 HOSES Leadership Masterclass close Friday 7 September 2018.