Designed around the key themes of Dr Jim Knight’s 2018 book, The Impact Cycle: What Instructional Coaches Should Do to Foster Powerful Improvements in Teaching, the aim of this program is to support educators in establishing coaching cycles that lead to improved teaching, and student learning.
Coaching in education is increasingly recognised as a key ingredient in school improvement and an important way to build teaching and learning capacity, develop leadership skills, and ultimately improve student outcomes.
With representation in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, IberoAmerica, and the Middle East, GCI has now established a partnership with the Instructional Coaching Group in the US. As part of this partnership, GCI is delighted to be able to offer this new program to education communities in Australia and New Zealand.
GCI facilitators have worked in partnership with Dr Knight to prepare this highly regarded program for an Australian and New Zealand audience.
Participants will explore the following questions:
- What are the partnership principles and should I ground my coaching in them?
- What should be my approach to coaching?
- How do instructional coaches identify goals with teachers?
- How should instructional coaches go about explaining and modelling teaching strategies?
- How do coaches partner with teachers to make adaptations until goals are met?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program will primarily be of interest to instructional coaches, pedagogical coaches, learning specialists, professional learning leaders, and others whose core function in schools is to help teachers develop their practice.
Welcome & Preparation
$790 + GST = $869.00
View Program Flyer
Please Select a Cohort Below.